(adapted from betty crocker)
2 cups flour
1 1/2 cup sugar
3 1/2 teaspoons baking powder
1 teaspoon salt
1/2 cup shortening (or butter, softened)
1 cup milk
1 teaspoon almond flavoring
1/3 cup butter, room temperature
3-4 cups powdered sugar
1-2 teaspoons rose water
2-4 tablespoons milk
1. Mix all the cake ingredients together using a mixer, first on low speed and then on high for approx. 2-3 mins. or until the batter is light, fluffy, and smooth. There should be no lumps.
2. Spoon batter into a muffin tin with liners, about half full. Bake in a preheated 350 F oven for 20 minutes or until lightly browned on top.
3. Remove from the oven and pan and let cool.
4. To prepare the icing, mix together the butter sugar and flavoring until combined. Then slowly add milk a tablespoon at a time until the proper consistency is achieved.
5. Ice using a knife or with an icing tip shown in the video.