This fattah is called furuga and its made with yogurt and milk. Its one of the many kinds of fatah in Yemen. Its on the blander side and is a breakfast food which is good for kids. You can easily use any bread which you have around the house, and I often do that because it makes a very quick and easy meal. In this case, I actually prefer a brown whole wheat bread, either arabic flatbread style or a brown whole wheat that I make myself. The only thing I wouldn't recommend using is some off the shelf bread with a lot of dough conditioners or preservatives in it (eg wonder bread), the reason is that it gets too mushy in the end and I don't like this. I prefer it to have some tooth and so I use some kind of fresh bread instead. And if the bread is a couple days old, thats even better because it makes good use of stale bread.
I will be honest, this fattah isn't my favorite, I actually prefer the honey and dates fatah or honey and banana, called masoub or susi fattah. But my husband and Sam likes this one a lot so I do also make this one too.
3/4 cup yogurt
3/4 cup milk
1/4 tsp. black seeds
1 tbsp. ghee or butter
salt to taste
Bread Ingredients (mashtoot) or use regular bread:
1 cup flour
1 1/4 cup water
1/4 tsp. salt
1. If you are going to make the mashtoot bread, mix together the flour, water, and salt until it comes to a consistency similar to a crepe batter, or a little thicker. If you have lumps you can run it through a strainer to remove. This is not necessary and not critical to the end result.
2. Heat up a griddle to medium heat for about ten minutes and brush it with oil. Then pour the batter on the griddle like you would a crepe and cook it until it sets. Then flip and cook on the other side. This batter makes about 3 of these.
3. Remove them and let them cool off for minute. Then break them up into small pieces with your hands or a knife. This is called 'tufatat' or 'تفتت' and it means to break apart, so this is where the name fattah comes from in these dishes.
4. You can serve it warm or cold. If you want to serve it warm than you can heat up a stone pot called magla. The one in this video is the Korean style one. Place the broken up bread into the pot and heat it up on medium heat.
5. Then remove it from the heat and mix in the yogurt. You can mix it more or less, depending on how much you want it to dissolve. Then at the end, pour the melted ghee and black seeds on top. Also add salt if you like.
Can u post me malhuuth rice recipe ,I heard its Yemeni rice. Thanx05.09.2017
10mg cialis for daily use12.22.2021
order generic cialis online uk12.23.2021
average cost of cialis12.02.2021
can i buy cialis over the counter in canada12.03.2021
online pharmacy australia viagra12.03.2021
brand name cialis prices12.03.2021
viagra tablet 150 mg11.30.2021
generic viagra cost canada12.09.2021
sildenafil 120 mg12.11.2021
paxil generic cost12.10.2021
retino 0.025 cream12.12.2021
buy tadalafil india12.19.2021
generic tadalafil online 20mg buy12.15.2021
best women viagra12.25.2021
purchase viagra with paypal12.25.2021
atarax for sleep12.27.2021
buy cheap prednisolone12.29.2021
zestoretic 10 12.5 mg12.30.2021
100 mg furosemide12.30.2021
purchase discount cialis online01.01.2022